Goooooood morning, afternoon, evening and night depending on where and when in the world you happen to stop by and read this. Firstly, I realize that it has been ages and ages since I did a T.I.T. cast and I’m really sorry to have kept you guys waiting for so long. Secondly, I decided to sit down today and try my best to rattle off a podcast without any show notes, so if this episode ends up sucking then big sorrys again. I catch myself rambling on a bit, a few times as i went through the episode but i was trying to cover so much information in a very limited time frame. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy and will try to be more organized with notes and such next week! IN the meantime, i wanna send out much MUCH love from the “Big Mango!” Enjoy!!!! P.S. Ignore the episode number in the artwork….it was a bit of a mistake!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, please go Comment on my page or call my voice line at 1-206-426-2152 and leave me a voice comment for the show!
Well, I guess I need to apologize for not posting a podcast last weekend but I decided to buckle down on the paperwork to get my studies finished off. I worked on the final draft of my thesis over the weekend and I’m most proud to say that i went to Grad school on Monday and turned in the final copy. ( I hope!)
However, I was unable to sit down and record a podcast as it takes several hours from start to finish but I promise you guys that I will record one this week. If not before the end of the work week, then by Saturday absolutely for sure. I know some of you guys out there miss me, so I thought I should write a little entry to let you know I care. :-) My loving critic reminded me the other day that i could at least sit down and write something if I don’t have time to sit down and record a podcast.
Also, in case you haven’t noticed, Tom in Thailand now has an official U.S. based phone line where you can call in and leave me voice mails. The voice mails that you guys leave will be sent directly to my email so I will receive them and I can play/respond to them on the show. I have my dear sweet friend Craig over at the Royal Pains to thank for the voice mail number, so please make sure you guys go over to the Royal Pains and check them out. I highly recommend them!
Well, I will close out here and wish everyone a super productive week ahead. Much love from the big mango and I promise to talk to you guys again soon!
Just a quick hi from me and an explanation/apology for not podcasting over the past weekend. I got some new listener emails and comments I wanted to talk about a bit, and send a special thanks for you guys that sent them. Also, If you’ve seen the policital turmoil going on in Thailand on the news then don’t worry about me…It is not going on anywhere near where I’m living and most of the protests thus far have been civil and not violent..mostly that is. Anyway, have a watch and enjoy…will try and podcast again towards the middle of the week.
• Comments, emails, messages…
• Kiko, Forrest, Nee Nee and The Royal Pains
• Tom got his contacts
• Fighting my reflexes
• Back to work Monday and Start of a New Year
• The first term is 14 weeks long
• Medical woes and growing up with health problems
• Do you have health insurance?
• The price of good health
• Thai versus American hospitals…the price
• Tom’s home shopping news
• Owning property in Thailand
• The Thailand Home Buyer’s Expo 2008
• Annoying Thai sales associate habits
• Affluent Thais invest in property instead of savings
• Investing in something tangible like property or gold
• Economic instability and last market crash of 97’
• What makes a country fall into the category of “developing”
• Average monthly incomes
• Explanation of the large commercial sex industry
• Closing remarks and love
• Email me at email@example.com or comment on my blog here…Communication is better when it is a 2-way street!
Make sure to go check out the other podcasts at the Rainbowpodsquad and the Freak Network cause they are the only podcasts on the internet worth listening too!
• Intro & Song: You Don’t Own Me
• Welcome to episode 2
• Comments…or lack of?
• Last weekend of vacation and work drama
• Grad School frustrations
• “No Country for Old Men” with Tommy Lee Jones
• What is the World coming too?
• Are things really getting progressively worse?
• First month of “living” in Thailand wasn’t a vacation
• My first job as a teacher
• Quality or standard of living surprises
• Adjusting and “not” coping…
• Cultural work ethic differences
• Small steps of exploration to expand my world
• My first apartment and the reality of living in a Big City
• Please comment you guys or email…
• Closing Song: Teardrop from Elton John
Always please feel free to email, message, question or comment and let me know how I’m doing. Any and all comments will be answered…least till I become famous! Hahaha!
• Intro Song: Sweet Home Alabama
• General Background Information on Tom in Thailand
• Living and working in Thailand…”what’s it like?”
• When does the exotic become common?
• Career stuff and being a Grad student
• Discovering Podcasting through a new Mac and my first podcasts by AJ…Tigger….SBA
• What to do when you outgrow roaming the streets…blogging and now podcasting.
• Grand message or purpose?….probably not here!
• Things about me you might not know.
➢ Love B&W movies
➢ Forgetful to a fault
➢ Southern conservative upbringing
➢ I’m really a male version of Bridget Jones…nerdy, dorky, clumsy…yeah that’s me!
• Closing Song: One Night in Bangkok
So, that’s a start….please email, message, question or comment and let me know how my first Podcast went. Please be gentle! Thanks so much for all support and encouragement and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!