Hey folks! So, I’ve been saying for a while now that I was going to try to get back into the habit of writing regularly. It is simply much easier than sitting down for a few hours and putting together a podcast. I freely admit to being extremely….and I mean extremely rusty at writing off the top of my head, so until now, I just haven’t known where to start.
Fortunately, I stumbled across a good idea/conversation starter on another blog the other day as I was bouncing across the internet thanks to the new found joy of Pinterest. The Hopes and Dreams blog had a list of 30 “conversation starters” about yourself. Therefore, my goal is to sit down at least once a week and write something random, yet hopefully interesting, down about myself and my life in Thailand.
So, i’m going to try and use the 30 ideas to get my writing skills going once again, and hopefully I can keep on sailing along by the time i get to the end of the 30 things. Therefore, without further ado….here are “20 Random Facts About TominThailand!”
1. I hate onions…always have and always will. I dislike the smell, texture and above all else the foul evil and vile taste of them!
2. I focus on a task much easier if i’m doing more than one thing at a time. I think this might be because I get bored very easily, so if i focus on one task at a time then my mind tends to drift away. So, if i’m engaged in an activitiy like writing this blog post for example, then I’ll most likely be doing 2-3 different things at the same time as well to keep my mind occupied.
3. I’m an extremely self-conscious sensitive person and generally get my feelings hurt much to easily. However, I’m very good at being able to project a false sense of always being very confident and self assured so people don’t usually detect this weakness of character unless they know me well.
4. I love cats…ok, maybe not as much as the infamous Youtube girl but still….and I think dogs are ok but generally very dirty and gullible animals.
5. I hate talking on the phone, and will make the effort to avoid it at all costs by sending emails and text messages to communicate with everyone i know.
6. I listen much better than i speak…
7. I dislike hot weather/climates and I hate to sweat, so thusly i usually end up taking about 3 showers a day…..now you may carefully consider the irony that i’m living in a tropical country where it feels like summer all year long!
8. I’m very lazy person by nature, and will often find the most efficient way to complete a task in order to finish it quickly to allow myself more free time to do nothing productive at all.
9. I find loud noises extremely annoying and will avoid being in close proximity to loud people if i can possibly help it…BUT prefer life in the big city despite the constant buzz.
10. I detest and have absolutely no patience for rude behavior and bad manners…There is really no excuse for poor social etiquette as good manners don’t cost anything at all…this may have something to do with my upbringing in a “proper” southern home in the deep South of the United States.
11. I am quite sensitive to smells and have a very low tolerance for the ones my mind considers bad ones. Especially!! people with body odor problems…for example, cause me to become nauseaous.
12. I often wander off to the movies alone, and enjoy it immensely…perhaps it’s because I get the whole tub of popcorn to myself.
13. I don’t eat Thai food as often as people probably think…ok, probably once a day, but after having lived in Southeast Asia for a decade now, I find food items like “Pop tarts” or homemade chocolate chip cookies exotic and only eat them as an occasional treat.
14. My brother and I both are left handed and share the same taste in TV shows.
15. I have never thought of myself as an intelligent person, but I find intelligence to be an extremely attractive characteristic in other people…One might say i’m even drawn to them.
16. I have abnormally large personal space issues and get very uncomfortable if people are to close to me.
17. I wear often wear my Ipod earphones in public (planes, buses, trains) when it isn’t turned on to avoid having to talk to people…and also to cut the noise. (see number 9 above)
18. I HATE, ABHOR, AND DETEST waking up early with a red hot passion, and would sleep in till 9AM every day if I could get away with it.
19. I avoid going to horror movies because I’m a big kid inside, and will generally have to sleep with the lights on for days after attempting the latest shock, thriller, or latest Japanese ghost movie.
20. Last but certainly not least, there are few things in life I take very seriously and think most issues people have with infractions against their morality are mostly subjective to experience weighted against personal belief.